Good day christoph,

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, ckubu wrote:

until now, qmail in conjunction with vpopmail works fine. the problem appears
when building the courier-authdaemon. the module for authentication against
vchkpw is not build. i miss some file like
the gmake output looks like:

--- snip ---
Compiling authvchkpw.c
authvchkpw.c: In function `auth_vchkpw_changepass':
authvchkpw.c:186: warning: passing arg 1 of `parse_email' discards qualifiers
from pointer target type
Compiling authvchkpwlib.c
Compiling preauthvchkpw.c
preauthvchkpw.c: In function `auth_vchkpw_pre':
preauthvchkpw.c:67: warning: passing arg 1 of `parse_email' discards
qualifiers from pointer target type
preauthvchkpw.c:141: warning: passing arg 3 of `vset_lastauth' discards
qualifiers from pointer target type

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lvpopmail.
*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libvpopmail and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a regex pattern. Last file checked: /home/vpopmail/lib/libvpopmail.a

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libauthvchkpw.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.
--- snip ---

I ran into a problem very similar to this building authdaemon against
vpopmail-5.20 under NetBSD-3.1-i386.  After a lot of twists and turns
I modified the vpopmail source to build libvpopmail as a shared lib as
well as static.  I am not especially tallented with automake, autoconf
and libtool, in fact I had never modified a build to create shared
libs.  I found an excellent resource on how to do this at:

I successfully built, and placed it in a location where my
build of courier-authdaemon would link against it.  The build was
successful, and authdaemon is working flawlessly using the authvchkpw
module.  It was a good learning experience; glad I know how to do this
if I find myself in this situation again.  HTH


Reply via email to