Remo Mattei wrote:
Hello I have a few questions since I am building a new server. Now the
box is running centos 4.5 with qmail and fuzzyocr, spamassassin,dspam
and tmda with simscan the load during the day is hi since it's an old P3
1.2mgz and 1.5g of mem. this box is running mysql 4.1.x, vpopmail 5.4.17
with the DB already modified for the 5.4.20. I was looking at the new
centos 5 with mysql 5. Anyone has done the installation on this distro
or is anyone suggesting any other.

Thanks.

Sl;ackware 12, MySQL 5,  Qmail, MailScanner, S.A and so on...
MailScanner has the advantage of processing for spam/viruses in batch mode, thereby not holding open smtp connections and running multiple copies of everything, also nicely does phishing fraud tests and bad files and so on.

I've used RH based OS's before and trust me, for servers, I'd never use anything but Slackware now, its modern, clean and lean and not really modified from what all the programs were in tarball releases, which = less problems and less required updates because the likes of RH and co have not butchered it to bits.

!DSPAM:472cfd7d32001645642163!