Rick Widmer wrote:

> I am working on making all the back ends work the same way, but not
> being a PostgreSQL user, and not seeing all that many people using it,
> it isn't a high priority for me.  I'll get around to it in or soon after
> version 6 hits the street.  That may be a year or more out.

WOW, thats a long time to wait :) It's unfortunate that not people use
it, because it is a very good database from what I've seen, and I'm no
guru :)

Have you considered the possibilty of unixODBC/iODBC, or an ODBC manager
of sorts? I would have thought that it would be easier to point it to an
OdBC manager and let it take care of the specific driver details, or is
there something else I am missing :)

> If you want the functions, and you can code c, you should copy the
> needed code from vmysql.c to pgsql.c and vmysql.h to vpgsql.h then
> adjust the queries as needed to work with PostgreSQL.  It should not be
> all that hard to do.  If you submit a patch I'll add it to the next
> release.  If you wanted to sponsor me to do the work, paid work comes
> before open source projects.  (The reason I haven't been seen here for
> so long... :)

I'm no C expert, but I will try to look around to see if I can do
anything that may help my cause :) Thanks for the tips on where to look
though. I did manage to get a little further with the sql logging
option, it appears that the "sqlBufUpdate" issue was a typo, because it
is defined in vpgsql.c but is defined as "SqlBufUpdate". I just changed
the 2 places in vauth.c to be an uppercase S and it compiled further,
now I'm getting the following error:

/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vchkpw  vchkpw.o md5.o
hmac_md5.o libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
PGresultStatus                      libvpopmail.a(libvpopmail_a-vauth.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to vchkpw
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [vchkpw] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Is this a library issue?

>> On a side note, are there any other PostgreSQL users out there that can
>> recommend any additional parameters I should use with vpopmail?
>
> There are a few.  I think I've heard from about three other people who
> are using the PostgreSQL back end.  Hopefully someone else will reply...
>

>> Also, what do the following configure options do, I've tried to find
>> documentation on them but am obviously looking in the wrong places:
>>
>> [1] --enable-ip-alias-domains,
>
> Allows vpopmail to use the incoming (server) IP address to determine
> which domain a user is associated with rather than requiring the user to
> supply it when they attempt to connect.  (Using [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead
> of just user for the  smtp/pop/imap user name in their mail reader.)
> This requires a unique IP address for each incoming domain that can be
> identified by an IP alias.
>

>> [2] --enable-qmail-ext
>
> When enabled vpopmail (vdelivermail) will recognize files like
> ..qmail-something in user directories.  This lets the user manage
> multiple email addresses like [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks for the explantions :)

> Rick

!DSPAM:473c2bea32004488717680!