Hi All,

I am trying to build vpopmail 5.4.25 (have also tried 5.4.26) for use
with a PostgreSQL back end.

The hurdle I am coming up against is if I enable the valias option
and/or the sql logging option.

The error for each individual option are as follows:

--enable-valias

/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o valias  valias.o
libvpopmail.a  -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
valias_select_names_end             valias.o
valias_select_names                 valias.o
valias_select_names_next            valias.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to valias
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [valias] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/vzhsxn/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/vzhsxn/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

--enable-sql-logging

/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.    -fPIC
-I/usr/sfw/include -Wall -c -o libvpopmail_a-vauth.o `test -f 'vauth.c'
|| echo './'`vauth.c
vauth.c: In function `vauth_deldomain':
vauth.c:393: error: `sqlBufUpdate' undeclared (first use in this function)
vauth.c:393: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
vauth.c:393: error: for each function it appears in.)
vauth.c:396: warning: implicit declaration of function `PGresultStatus'
vauth.c: In function `vauth_deluser':
vauth.c:446: error: `sqlBufUpdate' undeclared (first use in this function)
gmake[2]: *** [libvpopmail_a-vauth.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/vzhsxn/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/vzhsxn/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

I have attached the complete configure and gmake output runs for each of
the above configure options just in case it is an issue that you can see
earlier on in the build process.

If I omit these options the build process goes through successfully,
however, I would like to keep as much info as possible in the database,
so any help in getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

If I enable both the sql logging and valias options and change the auth
module to MySQL then the entire build completes successfully. I did some
searching and it looks like the --enable-valias and --enable-sql-logging
are supposed to be supported by both MySQL and PostgreSQL, I can only
assume then that I am missing something, or I'm doing something wrong.

Unfortunately we are a PostgreSQL shop and I cannot use MySQL here, or
so I've been led to believe, so, again, any help in getting this working
would be much appreciated.

On a side note, are there any other PostgreSQL users out there that can
recommend any additional parameters I should use with vpopmail?

Also, what do the following configure options do, I've tried to find
documentation on them but am obviously looking in the wrong places:

[1] --enable-ip-alias-domains,
[2] --enable-qmail-ext

If I've omitted any important information, please dont hesitate to ask
and I'll try to provide the info.

Your comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bruce

!DSPAM:473c18b232001857993994!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25 # ./configure \
> --enable-auth-module=pgsql \
> --enable-incdir=/usr/include/pgsql \
> --enable-libdir=/usr/lib \
> --disable-many-domains \
> --enable-valias \
> --enable-learn-passwords \
> CC=/usr/sfw/bin/gcc \
> CFLAGS=-I/usr/sfw/include
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.10
checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.10
checking for gawk... (cached) nawk
checking for gcc... /usr/sfw/bin/gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether /usr/sfw/bin/gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for /usr/sfw/bin/gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking dependency style of /usr/sfw/bin/gcc... none
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /usr/sfw/bin/gcc -E
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/sfw/bin/ggrep
checking for egrep... /usr/sfw/bin/ggrep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking arpa/inet.h usability... yes
checking arpa/inet.h presence... yes
checking for arpa/inet.h... yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for memory.h... (cached) yes
checking netinet/in.h usability... yes
checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking shadow.h usability... yes
checking shadow.h presence... yes
checking for shadow.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/file.h usability... yes
checking sys/file.h presence... yes
checking for sys/file.h... yes
checking sys/param.h usability... yes
checking sys/param.h presence... yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking sys/socket.h usability... yes
checking sys/socket.h presence... yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking syslog.h usability... yes
checking syslog.h presence... yes
checking for syslog.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking utime.h usability... yes
checking utime.h presence... yes
checking for utime.h... yes
checking crypt.h usability... yes
checking crypt.h presence... yes
checking for crypt.h... yes
checking err.h usability... no
checking err.h presence... no
checking for err.h... no
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for mode_t... yes
checking for off_t... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking whether closedir returns void... no
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking whether utime accepts a null argument... yes
checking for bzero... yes
checking for dup2... yes
checking for fdatasync... no
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for getpass... yes
checking for getspnam... yes
checking for memset... yes
checking for mkdir... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for rmdir... yes
checking for socket... no
checking for strchr... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for strrchr... yes
checking for strspn... yes
checking for strstr... yes
checking for utime... yes
checking for warn... no
checking vpopmail configure options... ok
configure: WARNING: Solaris install detected.  Using extralibflags for linking:
-R${exec_prefix}/lib -lm -lnsl -lsocket
checking whether we can locate the qmail directory... yes
checking whether we can locate the qmail-newu program... yes
checking whether we can locate the qmail-inject program... yes
checking whether we can locate the qmail-newmrh program... yes
checking for valid vpopmail user and group... yes
checking whether password file entry for the vpopmail user exists... yes
checking whether roaming-users has been enabled... no
checking whether learn-passwords is enabled... yes
checking whether md5-passwords is enabled... yes
checking whether file-locking is enabled... yes
checking whether file-sync is enabled... no
checking whether make-seekable is enabled... yes
checking whether clear-passwd is enabled... yes
checking whether user-big-dir is enabled... yes
checking whether sqwebmail-pass is enabled... no
checking whether qmail-ext is enabled... no
checking whether ip-alias-domains is enabled... no
checking whether onchange script is enabled... no
checking whether spamassassin is enabled... no
checking whether maildrop is enabled... no
checking whether an auth module has been specified... pgsql
checking whether system accounts have been enabled... no
checking whether /etc/shadow exists... yes
checking whether logging is enabled... errors only
checking whether auth-logging is enabled... yes
checking whether sql-logging is enabled... no
checking whether mysql-limits is enabled... no
checking whether mysql-replication is enabled... no
checking whether valias is enabled... yes
checking whether many-domains is enabled... no
checking whether any discontinued --enable commands have been used... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h

           vpopmail 5.4.25
            Current settings
---------------------------------------

vpopmail directory = /var/vpopmail
 domains directory = /var/vpopmail/domains
               uid = 30007
               gid = 6002
     roaming users = OFF --disable-roaming-users (default)
 password learning = ON  --enable-learn-passwords
     md5 passwords = ON  --enable-md5-passwords (default)
      file locking = ON  --enable-file-locking (default)
vdelivermail fsync = OFF --disable-file-sync (default)
     make seekable = ON  --enable-make-seekable (default)
      clear passwd = ON  --enable-clear-passwd (default)
 user dir hashing  = ON  --enable-users-big-dir (default)
address extensions = OFF --disable-qmail-ext (default)
          ip alias = OFF --disable-ip-alias-domains (default)
   onchange script = OFF --disable-onchange-script (default)
       auth module = postgres --enable-auth-module=postgres
       sql logging = OFF --disable-sql-logging (default)
          auth inc = -I/usr/include/pgsql
          auth lib = -L/usr/lib -lpq
  system passwords = OFF --disable-passwd (default)
        pop syslog = show only failed attempts --enable-logging=e (default)
      auth logging = ON  --enable-auth-logging (default)
one domain per SQL table     = --disable-many-domains
      spamassassin = OFF --disable-spamassassin (default)
          maildrop = OFF --disable-maildrop (default)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25 # gmake
cd . && /bin/sh /export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25/missing --run
autoconf
/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
running CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh /bin/sh ./configure  --enable-auth-module=pgsql
--enable-incdir=/usr/include/pgsql --enable-libdir=/usr/lib
--disable-many-domains --enable-valias --enable-learn-passwords
CC=/usr/sfw/bin/gcc CFLAGS=-I/usr/sfw/include  --no-create --no-recursion
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.10
checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.10
checking for gawk... (cached) nawk
checking for gcc... /usr/sfw/bin/gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether /usr/sfw/bin/gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for /usr/sfw/bin/gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking dependency style of /usr/sfw/bin/gcc... none
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /usr/sfw/bin/gcc -E
checking for egrep... egrep
[...]

 /bin/sh ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
cd . && /bin/sh /export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25/missing --run
autoheader
rm -f stamp-h1
touch config.h.in
cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status config.h
config.status: creating config.h
gmake  all-recursive
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25'
Making all in cdb
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25/cdb'
( cat warn-auto.sh; \
echo CC=\'`head -1 conf-cc`\'; \
echo LD=\'`head -1 conf-ld`\'; \
cat find-systype.sh; \
) | sh > systype
( cat warn-auto.sh; \
echo 'main="$1"; shift'; \
echo 'rm -f "$main"'; \
echo 'ar cr "$main" ${1+"$@"}'; \
case "`cat systype`" in \
sunos-5.*) ;; \
unix_sv*) ;; \
irix64-*) ;; \
irix-*) ;; \
dgux-*) ;; \
hp-ux-*) ;; \
sco*) ;; \
*) echo 'ranlib "$main"' ;; \
esac \
) > makelib
chmod 755 makelib
( cat warn-auto.sh; \
echo exec "`head -1 conf-cc`" -fPIC '-c ${1+"$@"}' \
) > compile
chmod 755 compile
( cat warn-auto.sh; \
echo 'main="$1"; shift'; \
echo exec "`head -1 conf-ld`" \
'-o "$main" "$main".o ${1+"$@"}' \
) > load
chmod 755 load
( ( ./compile tryulong32.c && ./load tryulong32 && \
./tryulong32 ) >/dev/null 2>&1 \
&& cat uint32.h2 || cat uint32.h1 ) > uint32.h
rm -f tryulong32.o tryulong32
./compile cdb_hash.c
./compile cdb_unpack.c
./compile cdb_seek.c
./makelib cdb.a cdb_hash.o cdb_unpack.o cdb_seek.o
./compile cdbmake_pack.c
./compile cdbmake_hash.c
./compile cdbmake_add.c
./makelib cdbmake.a cdbmake_pack.o cdbmake_hash.o \
cdbmake_add.o
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25/cdb'
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25'
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.    -fPIC
-I/usr/sfw/include -Wall -c -o libvpopmail_a-vpopmail.o `test -f 'vpopmail.c'
|| echo './'`vpopmail.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.    -fPIC
-I/usr/sfw/include -Wall -c -o libvpopmail_a-md5.o `test -f 'md5.c' || echo
'./'`md5.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.    -fPIC
-I/usr/sfw/include -Wall -c -o libvpopmail_a-bigdir.o `test -f 'bigdir.c' ||
echo './'`bigdir.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.    -fPIC
-I/usr/sfw/include -Wall -c -o libvpopmail_a-vauth.o `test -f 'vauth.c' || echo
'./'`vauth.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.    -fPIC
-I/usr/sfw/include -Wall -c -o libvpopmail_a-file_lock.o `test -f 'file_lock.c'
|| echo './'`file_lock.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.    -fPIC
-I/usr/sfw/include -Wall -c -o libvpopmail_a-vpalias.o `test -f 'vpalias.c' ||
echo './'`vpalias.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.    -fPIC
-I/usr/sfw/include -Wall -c -o libvpopmail_a-seek.o `test -f 'seek.c' || echo
'./'`seek.c
seek.c: In function `MakeSeekable':
seek.c:64: warning: implicit declaration of function `vmin'
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.    -fPIC
-I/usr/sfw/include -Wall -c -o libvpopmail_a-vlimits.o `test -f 'vlimits.c' ||
echo './'`vlimits.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.    -fPIC
-I/usr/sfw/include -Wall -c -o libvpopmail_a-maildirquota.o `test -f
'maildirquota.c' || echo './'`maildirquota.c
rm -f libvpopmail.a
ar cru libvpopmail.a libvpopmail_a-vpopmail.o libvpopmail_a-md5.o
libvpopmail_a-bigdir.o libvpopmail_a-vauth.o libvpopmail_a-file_lock.o
libvpopmail_a-vpalias.o libvpopmail_a-seek.o libvpopmail_a-vlimits.o
libvpopmail_a-maildirquota.o cdb/*.o
ranlib libvpopmail.a
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vchkpw.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c md5.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c hmac_md5.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vchkpw  vchkpw.o md5.o
hmac_md5.o libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vdelivermail.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c maildirquota.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vdelivermail  vdelivermail.o
maildirquota.o libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c clearopensmtp.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o clearopensmtp  clearopensmtp.o
libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vadddomain.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vadddomain  vadddomain.o
libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vdeldomain.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vdeldomain  vdeldomain.o
libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vpasswd.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vpasswd  vpasswd.o
libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vadduser.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vadduser  vadduser.o
libvpopmail.a  -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vdeluser.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vdeluser  vdeluser.o
libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vaddaliasdomain.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vaddaliasdomain
vaddaliasdomain.o libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vsetuserquota.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vsetuserquota  vsetuserquota.o
libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vpopbull.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vpopbull  vpopbull.o
libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vdeloldusers.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vdeloldusers  vdeloldusers.o
libvpopmail.a -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c vmoduser.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o vmoduser  vmoduser.o
libvpopmail.a  -L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc -I. -I/usr/include/pgsql  -I. -I. -I.     -I/usr/sfw/include
-Wall -c valias.c
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  -I/usr/sfw/include -Wall   -o valias  valias.o libvpopmail.a
-L/usr/lib -lpq  -lcrypt
valias_select_names_end             valias.o
valias_select_names                 valias.o
valias_select_names_next            valias.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to valias
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[2]: *** [valias] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/user/build/qmail/vpopmail-5.4.25'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

> [...]
checking whether learn-passwords is enabled... yes
checking whether md5-passwords is enabled... yes
checking whether file-locking is enabled... yes
checking whether file-sync is enabled... no
checking whether make-seekable is enabled... yes
checking whether clear-passwd is enabled... yes
checking whether user-big-dir is enabled... yes
checking whether sqwebmail-pass is enabled... no
checking whether qmail-ext is enabled... no
checking whether ip-alias-domains is enabled... no
checking whether onchange script is enabled... no
checking whether spamassassin is enabled... no
checking whether maildrop is enabled... no
checking whether an auth module has been specified... pgsql
checking whether system accounts have been enabled... no
checking whether /etc/shadow exists... yes
checking whether logging is enabled... errors only
checking whether auth-logging is enabled... yes
checking whether sql-logging is enabled... yes
checking whether mysql-limits is enabled... no
checking whether mysql-replication is enabled... no
checking whether valias is enabled... no
[...]

       sql logging = ON  --enable-sql-logging