Quey wrote:
I back up our mysql db hourly with mysqldump, on 24 hour x 7day basis and with rsync I do it on all servers regardless of how many users they have, we also do it on a rolling 7 day basis

Pretty simple, you can expend on this greatly like I do in my main scripts by using logging, timeouts and alarms
but starting point would be:

Theres probably better ways of doing it, but this way has worked for me for years.

Another way, not necessarily better, but if you can do it, it is better, is to use MySQL replication as then it is real time backed up all the time.

Steve

!DSPAM:47a3cbbc310541988152250!