I sort of disagree, but can understand your view point. My viewpoint is from user complaints and tracing through logs as to why their image didn't load.

So it was easier to sanity check the image creator(the user) input values instead of pointing out to users, why their image broke.

Maybe the web front end for the image profile does not except '0' or allow below a certain value? I think some level of sanity checking is needed somewhere.

-A