NetApp has demonstrated at their Kilo-client lab in Raleigh, that ESX3i is PXE installable on a large scale (>500) blades. I've asked them to send me any notes they can share with the community on how they made this work.

Are you able to have VCL deploy VMs onto pre-installed ESX3i servers with the esx.pm module?

Best,
Brian

Brian Bouterse
Secure Open Systems Initiative