I agree. There are much larger issues that need to be resolved before discussing implementation details in this forum.

I think it's great that the folks discussing the experimental architecture have identified areas where VCL can be improved and I would like to find a way for the community to efficiently and prudently incorporate them into VCL.

I would like to understand why these ideas can't be incrementally incorporated and tested into the current VCL codebase. I think this approach would have a much higher chance of success, no? Was this approach considered? If so, what were the barriers to this approach which couldn't be resolved?

It will be counterproductive if a developer has to choose one version or the other as the basis of his or her contributions. This will result in a split community. In addition, having 2 vastly different architectures under the VCL project will cause significant confusion. Agree?

Regards,
Andy

Andy Kurth
Virtual Computing Lab