Aaron Peeler wrote:
makesshgkh is part of xcat1.3(which is EOL'd) and is used to collect the ssh host keys after the install.

xCAT2.X does something different to collect the ssh host keys, so eventually makesshgkh and the original xCAT.pm module will not be needed.

Ok, that makes sense.

Based on this, I assume you have different ssh keys on different images. If so, how do you keep your users who regularly check out linux images from having key conflicts? In order to work around this, we're ensuring all of our images have the same ssh keys. Thus, no need to collect the key after imaging, and our users don't have to worry about key conflicts.