Hello Justin,

Welcome.

For the most part the vcl api is currently setup for the backend calls, or
a third party app to request a VCL resource, manage users, etc, so it's
currently supporting incoming api calls.

There might be a better way but my first thought is that a new perl
provisioning module could be created to make the api calls to EC2 or some
other cloud/cluster to accomplish this.

In addition to adding a provisioning module, the vcl database would need
to have placeholders for EC2/Eucalyptus computer resources, so it would
know what/how many compute nodes are available, etc.

Aaron