Hi Josh,

Form the normal VCL, ncsu.edu, in the current images you can click on the
button "Edit" where it give you the choice to either extend your
reservation or save it. From the Sandbox VCL when I provision an IBM
instance and click on "Edit" it gives me only the option to extend my
reservation, i can not save it.

Best Regards,
Milen Paskov
WSTI Intern
mppas...@us.ibm.com

PS Sorry for the possible confusion with the replay-message.

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

  |Josh Thompson <josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>

  |vcl-dev@incubator.apache.org

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

  |09/02/2010 04:24 PM

|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

  |Re: Setting up Base Image - capturing

Milen,

Can you explain further what you mean by "the web interface does not give
me
the option"?

Also, whenever you are starting a new thread on any mailing list, please do

not click "reply" for an existing message.  When clicking reply, almost all

email clients set the "In-Reply-To" header and then use this when
displaying
messages in a threaded view, which makes your message get somewhat hidden
in
another thread.

Josh

On Thursday September 02, 2010, Milen P Paskov wrote:
> Hello community,
>
> I have been making progress on my ccmp module which is going to give VCL
> access to IBM Cloud resources. Currently images can be provision on the
IBM
> Cloud from VCL.
> However I can not save the images, the web interface does not give me the
> option, is there any special setting to the image that has to be done?
>
> Below is the setup for the image that I have used.
>
> Best Regards,
> Milen Paskov
> WSTI Intern
> mppas...@us.ibm.com
>

> I added the new module to the database.
>    INSERT INTO `module` (`id`, `name`, `prettyname`, `description`,
>    `perlpackage`) VALUES
>    (17, 'ccmp', 'CCMP', 'IBM Cloud', 'VCL::Module::Provisioning::ccmp');
>
> I added the new provisioning module to the database.
>    INSERT INTO `provisioning` (`id`, `name`, `prettyname`, `moduleid`)
>    VALUES
>    (6, 'ccmp', 'CCMP', 17);
>
> From the web interface I added a new computer to use this provisioning
> module.
>    Hostname: ibm1
>    IP: 1.1.1.1 (we are not going to connect to a computer but call the
IBM
>    Cloud API)
>    State: available
>    Owner: Admin
>    Platform: i386
>    Schedule: VCL 24x7
>    Current Images: no images
>    RAM: 2000
>    No. Processors: 1
>    Processor Speed: 2000
>    Network Speed: 100
>    Computer ID: 4
>    Type: virtualmachine
>    Provisioning Engine: CCMP (our new module)
>
> Insert into the database a new image.
>    INSERT INTO `image` (`id`, `name`, `prettyname`, `ownerid`,
>    `platformid`, `OSid`, `imagemetaid`, `minram`, `minprocnumber`,
>    `minprocspeed`, `minnetwork`, `maxconcurrent`, `reloadtime`,
`deleted`,
>    `test`, `lastupdate`, `forcheckout`, `maxinitialtime`, `project`,
>    `size`) VALUES
>    (12, 'rhl5-v0-id20001151', 'Red Hat Linux on IBM CLoud', 1, 1, 13,
NULL,
>    1024, 1, 2000, 10, NULL, 60, 0, 0, '2008-03-24 14:23:54', 1, 0, 'vcl',
>    2000);
>                                 The only thing that is really needed for the
provisioning
> module is
> the imageid which is part of the imagename
>
> Add a revision to the image, in the imagerevision table.
>    INSERT INTO `imagerevision` (`id`, `imageid`, `revision`, `userid`,
>    `datecreated`, `deleted`, `production`, `comments`, `imagename`)
VALUES
>    (14, 12, 0, 1, '2008-03-24 14:23:54', 0, 1, NULL,
'rhl5-v0-id20001151');

--
Advanced Computing | VCL Developer

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu
[attachment "signature.asc" deleted by Milen P Paskov/Durham/IBM]