Josh,
I am setting up a fresh install of the VCL off of trunk to test the new code. I
am wondering, however, about Dojo -- first, there is no information in the
INSTALLATION or UPGRADE files about dojo. Second, is it necessary to use the
Dojo Toolkit v1.6 or will v1.7.2 (the current release) work?

And where can I find the custom built profiles? They don't seem to be in the
repository. The web code seems to be looking for them in the dojo/dojo/
directory, but wouldn't it make more sense to put those in the js/ directory
and keep the contents of the dojo directory limited to the actual dojo release?

Thanks!
Aaron Coburn

On May 1, 2012, at 1:50 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:

> You'll also need to download the Dojo Toolkit v1.6, put it in the main web
> code directory, and name it 'dojo'.  You'll see some errors about a missing
> .js file for most of the pages, but you can ignore them - the missing files
> are custom compiled dojo profiles for VCL that will be included in the
> release.  When they are missing, dojo just uses everything from the dojo
> release.
>
> Josh
>
> On Tuesday, May 01, 2012 1:37:19 PM Aaron Peeler wrote:
>> Hi Dmitri,
>>
>> Yes. The svn repo is:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/trunk
>>
>> I've completed the UPGRADE notes:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/trunk/UPGRADE
>>
>> So it might be easier to do a 2.2.1 install and follow the upgrade
>> notes, but use svn co from truck to /root/apache-VCL-23-incubating,
>> since there isn't a release candidate yet
>>
>> I try to run through and update the INSTALLATION file tomorrow.
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/trunk/INSTALLATION
>>
>> Aaron
>>
>> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Dmitri Chebotarov <dcheb...@gmu.edu> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Is it possible to checkout  VCL 2.2.3 code? What is the SVN/GIT address?
>>>
>>> I'm getting test servers ready for VCL 2.2.3. Also looking for long-term
>>> server reservations options and been reading that VCL 2.2.3 provides
>>> support for this.
>>>
>>> Are there any docs/drafts on the install procedure and requirement for
>>> 2.2.3?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>> --
>>> Dmitri Chebotarov
>>> Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging
>>> 223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
>>> Phone: (703) 993-6175