From: Dmitri Chebotarov [mailto:dcheb...@gmu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 12:01 PM
To: vcl-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: vcl-u...@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Max Number of VMs per Host

Here is some info:

http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=1155

This is for VMware View which could be approximated to VCL.

There is also limits per VMFS datastore (if you not using NFS).
I have seen different recommendations for VM number per ESXi host per shared
VMFS - VMWare recommends 16 VMs per Host for shared VMFS for VMFS-v3.

What hypervisor do use for VCL?

Thanks.

--
Thank you,

Dmitri Chebotarov
Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging
223 Aquia Building, Ffx, MSN: 1B5
Phone: (703) 993-6175
Fax: (703) 993-3404