I'm not sure from what I have been reading, might want to contact your
VMware Rep and see what they can do if you plan on upgrading to 5.

WIth ESXI 4.1

Infrastructure limitations
Some limitations in ESX Server 4 may constrain the design of data centers:
Guest system maximum RAM: 255 GB
Host system maximum RAM: 1 TB[
Number of hosts in a high availability cluster: 32
Number of Primary Nodes in ESX Cluster high availability: 5
Number of hosts in a Distributed Resource Scheduler cluster: 32
Maximum number of processors per virtual machine: 8
Maximum number of processors per host: 160
Maximum number of cores per processor: 12
Maximum number of virtual machines per host: 320
VMFS-3 limits files to 262,144 (218) blocks, which translates to 256
GB for 1 MB block sizes (the default) or up to 2 TB for 8 MB block
sizes.However, on a VMFS Boot drive, it is usually very difficult to
use anything other than 1 MB Block size

With ESXI 5 there has been some changes to these limits
Guest system maximum RAM: 1 TB
Host system maximum RAM: 2 TB
Number of hosts in a high availability cluster: 32
Maximum number of processors per virtual machine: 32
Maximum number of processors per host: 160
Maximum number of cores per processor: 25
Maximum number of virtual machines per host: 512
VMFS-3 is supported and has the same limits as before
VMFS-5 however has a max volume size of 64 TB and a max file size of 2
TB - 512 B
How much vRAM does a VMware vSphere Hypervisor license provide?
vSphere Hypervisor license provides a vRAM entitlement of 32GB per
server, regardless of the number of physical processors. vSphere
Hypervisor can be used on servers with maximum physical RAM capacity
of 32GB.