I'm running 2.2.1, it's the stable release.

The page doesn't describe what I see either.

Follow this path, and you should be back on track.

Manage Computers
        Edit Computer Information

        put in IP, hostname, and 'vmhostinuse' - hit add
        (Do not select 'add multiple?')

        you'll get to another page asking for more info,

        fill it in, submit that page

        the next page will prompt you for which 'VM host profile' to use
        (aka Virtual Hosts -> VM Host Profiles )

        submit, and you should be done

Hope this helps,

__Jim

On 10/26/2011 2:11 PM, Michael Jinks wrote:
> I'm trying to set up my first proof-of-concept VCL instance.  I have VCL
> installed and working on one machine, and I've added a VMware ESXi host
> according to the docs at:
>
>  https://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/vcl-221-further-steps-if-using-vmware.html
>
> (Planning to use SSH since I don't have a VC instance to work against
> yet.)
>
> ...but when I get to the section marked "Adding Virtual Machines", it
> doesn't seem to describe what I'm seeing.  From that page:
>
>  1. Click Manage Computers
>  2. Select the Add Multiple Computers radio button
>  3. Click Submit
>  4. Fill in the following:
>  [...]
>
> When I click "Manage Computers", I get a page with a list box containing
> the choices, "All VM Computers", "allComputers", "newimages", and
> "newvmimages".  Below that, there are three radio buttons: "Edit
> Computer Grouping", "Computer Utilities", and "Edit Computer
> Information:", with a list selectable fields for editing.  There's no
> "Add Multiple Computers" option.
>
> Am I reading the wrong docs?  Did I install the wrong release of VCL?
> Or did I skip a step somewhere?

- --
Jim O'Dell
Network Analyst