On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Andy Kurth <andy_ku...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Just FYI, the same issues apply to VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, etc.
> -Andy

  Andy is right -
"I'm buying VDI software from VMware/Citrix/other vendor. Do I still
need Windows VDA?
Yes, you do. If you are accessing a Windows client operating system
(OS) as your guest OS in the datacenter from a thin client, Windows
VDA is the appropriate licensing vehicle. You need this regardless of
the VDI software vendor you choose. The only scenario where you would
not need Windows VDA is if you were using PCs covered under Software
Assurance as the access devices, since virtual desktop access rights
are included as a benefit of SA."
(quoted from
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/0/5/5059CBF7-F736-4D1E-BF90-C28DADA181C5/Microsoft%20VDI%20and%20Windows%20VDA%20FAQ%20v2%200.pdf
)