[Aaron, the primary VT developer, is out for the Chinese National Day
 holidays for the next week, so he may not be around to answer your
 questions until after that.]

John Levon wrote:
> Also, switching vt means resume fails (never get back the X display). I
> see this is an old bug, is there a fix planned?

I think this is related to the logindevperm bugs that have been found:
6875432 Xorg doesn't see newly plugged in USB keyboards after non-root user has
logged in.
6881952 devfs occasionally failed to update the ownership of some USB HID
6885612 "Console user" profile implementation need to be updated after Virtual
Console integration

A fix for the first has been putback to ON, I don't know when fixes for the
others will be done.

        -Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com