Hi John,

Sorry, I missed your email since there were so many of them.

> Running b124 on a Lenovo T61P. If I do ctrl-alt-F1 from X when
> options/hotkeys is false, I do not get any ttymon visible, just a blank
> screen. What is this undocumented option, and why is it necessary?
>
> vtdaemon and console-login are enabled as expected.

vtdaemon was designed to be enabled by default, although it is not the
case now. So this option could be used to stop switching temporarily
without disabling the whole service.

There still be some flaws and imperfections, so if you want to us
VT feature now, please set options/hotkeys true. Otherwise just
disable the  vtdaemon service.

> Also, switching vt means resume fails (never get back the X display). I
> see this is an old bug, is there a fix planned?

I think Alan gave a good list of the bugs. I am fixing 6885612 though
there has already been a workaround available in snv_125.
VT will not be enabled by default until it is perfect.

Regards,
Aaron