Anssi Hannula wrote:
Martin Dauskardt wrote:
I upgraded to 1.4.1-4, which seems to include the patch from Anssi
(http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2006-August/010360.html )

I am not happy with this patch: My machine has a FF-card and
Budget-Card+CAM. There was no timer for any encrypted channel
programmed. All active timers were set for ARD.  I had absolutely no
plans to watch Premiere,  I was not even at home :-)
But all recordings were done with the FF card. vdr started with the ARD
channel, and the well known performance problem of FF cards resulted in
bad recordings (buffer usage ... /clearing).

Interesting. So there was just one channel recording and the FF card
already run out of bandwidth?

Do you use a recent (like newer than 1 year) DVB driver and firmware?

@Martin: any news on this? With recent drivers and firmware it should be
possible to record and watch even the high-bandwidth channels like ZDF
on a FF card.

Klaus