whoMAN schrieb:

I'm not sure if it's been answered yet, but I thought I'd throw this out:

mplayer uses either LAVC or FAME [depending on how mplayer was
compiled/configured] to convert EVERYTHING to MPEG1 before it is sent to the
DVB Device.  In essence, it transcodes in realtime.

Not too efficient, but since transcoding to MPEG 1 takes little resources,
most people probably don't notice.

I know it's probably what most of you didn't want to hear, but I figured you
guys would want to know.

whoman421

Thats plain wrong. Anything that can be feed directly, will not be transcoded. And i can see mplayer taking ressources , if mplayer is transcoding. Not everybody has a core duo 6600 ;)