Hi,

Graziano Pavone schrieb:

> 2007/11/13, Luca Olivetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:
>

>     Note that 0.8.0 has network support built-in.
>

> I know but you still have to patch and recompile xine-lib...
> Are there any problems in submitting the needed patch to the mainstream
> xine-lib distribution?

The problem is that small parts of the patch would break binary
compatibility in xine-lib-1.1.x. This is no problem if a distribution
decides to include the patch and recompiles all applications which use
xine-lib-1.1.x.

I still do provide those patches as not all people are willing to switch
to xine-lib-1.2 (hg) which is still in development, contains the patches
and therefore works out of the box.

>     A nice feature that vdr-xine has over xineliboutput, is that it
>     automatically sets itself as the primary device when a connection
>     comes,
>     and when the connection is closed it restores the previous primary
>     device.
>     This way I can either watch locally with the dxr3-plugin or remotely
>     with vdr-xine.
>

> I only have Skystar2/Airstai2 budget cards, so it's not an issue for me.
> A feature that allows to watch different channels on clients at the same
> time (without using multiple vdr installations and streamdev) would
> definetely make me switch back to vdr-xine :)

And you wouldn't mind applying a huge patch on VDR to achieve this goal?

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]