Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> On 11/18/07 18:31, Magnus Hörlin wrote:
>
>> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe it actually is about time for me to build a new VDR.
>>> I'll probably take a look at the Reel Extension HD PCI.
>>> But that means I'll also need a new motherboard with at least
>>> five PCI slots (for 3 DVB-S cards, 1 DVB-T and the Extension HD).
>>> On my desktop PC I'm using a passively cooled Pentium M with 1.86GHz,
>>> which works really good, so maybe that's also a viable choice for
>>> a new VDR. I guess it goes without saying that modern motherboards
>>> have a gigabit Ethernet port and graphics on board.
>>> Does anybody have a recommendation for such a board?
>>>

>> Well, of the 643 modern mainboards for sale in Sweden (by modern I mean
>> S775 and AM2), none combine five PCI slots with integrated graphics. Do
>> you need a GPU if the Reel card works?
>>

> Well, I guess you'll need some sort of console when installing the system,
> so some basic graphics would be nice. Don't know if the HD-E acts as a
> graphics card.
>
> Klaus

I simply stick an old PCI grapics card I bought for one euro on e-bay in
my server if I need to do something that requires a local display, but
integrated graphics is better of course.
The closest modern match would be Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3. You'll get four
PCI, GbEthernet and graphics on board. Then you could buy a low-power
33-Euro CPU like the LE-1100, but you would have to live with a USB
DVB-T card. The Nova-T Stick works well for me with latest drivers.

/Magnus