Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Yes or No?

Yes.

Although there have not been too many improvements, a lot of plugins had
to be updated due to UTF-8 support etc. If you continue with huge things
like H.264 and TS recording (yes, yes, yes :)), it might even take
longer getting a new stable base for distributions etc. (although I am
using 1.4.7 and still satisfied with it).

I fear that waiting for multiproto to get into the kernel might become a
neverendings story like the unbearable discussion before (including all
those indignities) about future DVB driver development. Maybe we can
start a bet when this finally going to happen... ;)
Furthermore, I think, making it stable will just delay the H.264
development for several weeks (the last steps to the last stable
releases might have taken a maximum of 6 weeks) while waiting for H.264
and TS recording will take a lot of months including waiting and
evaluating supporting hardware (decoder cards, graphic card drivers) and
software (xine/ffmpeg etc.).

With kind regards

Joerg