I think, may be not need use rid, but add new parameter for channel
identify, such as transponder example, or add some variants of identify
and select it in settings...
Nid/Tid/Sid or Transponder/Channel Name or Transponder/Sid/Tid...
Because wanted use "transponder update" and don't want edit channel.conf
manually...

В Вск, 24/02/2008 в 15:00 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger пишет:
> On 02/24/08 12:35, Igor wrote:
> >> Have you ever tried complaining to those providers, telling them about
> >> their non-standard behavior?
> >
> > I have tried. Several times. No results.
>
> I wonder why these people think that the DVB standards don't apply to them...
>
> > I can confirm that only VDR has this problem. Other receivers (dreambox for
> > example) don't have this problem.
>
> Does this mean that the dreambox doesn't identify channels using NID/TID/SID?
>
> VDR itself doesn't use the RID, and I don't like starting to use it
> just to iron out the inability of some providers to adhere to the standard.
> I'd rather like to get rid of the RID altogether.
>
> Klaus

Pridvorov Andrey