Hello List,

I have a diskless VDR machine in my livingroom (so its very quit). My
/video is mounted by nfs from a Servermachine under the roof. On that
server I have set a groupquota for that /video directory to save some
place for other applikations on that filesystem (raid 5 - 4x400G).

I have exeeded now the space on that filesystem for that group and in
the syslog of the VDR I can see related messages.

Example:
Mar  9 08:52:32 stereo vdr: [4167] switching device 1 to channel 1
Mar  9 08:52:32 stereo vdr: [4167] timer 18 (1 0852-1152 '@TITLE
EPISODE') start
Mar  9 08:52:32 stereo vdr: [4167] Title: 'Tigerenten Club' Subtitle:
'Der Club zum Mitmachen'
Mar  9 08:52:32 stereo vdr: [4167] record
/video/@Tigerenten_Club_Der_Club_zum_Mitmachen/2008-03-09.08.52.50.99.rec
Mar  9 08:52:32 stereo vdr: [4167] creating directory
/video/@Tigerenten_Club_Der_Club_zum_Mitmachen
Mar  9 08:52:32 stereo vdr: [4167] ERROR:
/video/@Tigerenten_Club_Der_Club_zum_Mitmachen: Disk quota exceeded

But the VDR Software doesn't recognize that. It does not start to mark
old recording for removing. In the menu overview it show still some
hours free space util the end of the complete filesystem.

Now my question: Do I have to configure something special in VDR that it
recognizes the Quota setting of that directory or have I to use
userquota for the user of VDR (in my case it is root but if it is the
only solution I could change it to a regular user, but only if it helps
for my problem)?

Some revision data:
VDR 1.4.5 ( yes, I'm waiting for 1.6 )
Debian Etch on both VDR and Server