On Samstag, 22. März 2008, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > But vdr does not ask the plugin to hide before trying
> > to show the message, so I am getting the same error
> > message in that situation. I see no way to get rid of it.
> >
> > As a possible solution, can the player control somehow
> > tell vdr that it can handle the message display itself?
> > Something like
> >
> > class cControl : public cOsdObject {
> > public:
> >   virtual bool DisplayMessage(...) { return false };
> >
> > so if a player is active, its DisplayMessage is called.
> > Only when it returns false, vdr then tries to display
> > the message.
>
> See cSkinDisplayReplay::SetMessage().

the unpatched vdr-1.5.16 does not contain that. Are you sure you
are using an unpatched vdr? (Sorry, could not resist ;-) )

I do have
void cSkinClassicDisplayMessage::SetMessage(eMessageType Type, const char *Text)

but this plugin does not use skins at all for its player osd.
Just cOsdProvider::NewOsd(). So I dont see how SetMessage() could
help me.

--
Wolfgang