Greetings to All,

Yesterday I've received my Reel eHD so that I can enjoy hardware
accelerated DVB-S/DVB-S2 playback/output on my VDR-1.7.0 installation in
combination with the S2-3200.

Everything works, image is very good and I can enjoy HDTV without
framedrops or stuttering :) The tutorials on vdr-wiki.de were very
helpfull to get it all working. So cheers for the person who wrote it!

But I miss something in my setup. I used Xineliboutput before - for output
in combination with my DVB Budget card - as a player for DVD's and other
multimedia files (Xvid, MKV, MP3, etc). Obviously, this doesn't work
anymore (I tried it, I don't get any output on the eHD)

According to vdr-portal.de, xinemultimedia seems to be the plugin so that
I can enjoy multimedia using eHD as a output device. Besides the problems
with getting xinemultimedia te compile, I wonder if there isn't an other
option to have multimedia aspects in VDR using the eHD as an output
device?

If there isn't, what do I need to compile/patch to get xinemultimedia
working?

I think it's the following what I need:

- xinemultmedia plugin (figures);
- Xine-lib 1.1.8 with xine-reel.diff;
- xine-ehd plugin (so that Xine can use the eHD as a output device);
- Filebrowser (Otherwise selecting files will be a problem, right?);

Is this correct? Because information about the eHD and multimedia aspects
of VDR are a bit hard to find. And I don't know I like to fact to
downgrade Xine-lib to 1.1.8 (I run Xine-lib 1.2.x now since it's part of
Ubuntu 8.04).

Regards,

Niels Wagenaar
Netherlands