svan...@bahnhof.se wrote:
Yes, it has limitations but given the low power consumption it's still
impressive. The ION runs fine with advanced deinterlacer for 576i and
temporal for 1080i. A 9500GT can do advanced on 1080i but for me it's not
worth the extra heat and space. I have the computer on the back of my TV.
http://www.minhembio.com/magho
/Magnus

Are you sure your ION can play 1080i with temporal? What is the source? I
have tried a lot of HD-channels on Thor 0.8W without success and I have to
use bob deinterlace filter or else the hardware drops frames.

See:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=136326&highlight=deinterlace

I have installed Ubuntu 9.04 amd64 server with a minimum of services.

/Svankan

In XBMC it works fine with Eurosport HD recordings on Thor at least. Ubuntu 9.04 32bit on the diskless ION, recordings on nfs.
/Magnus H