VDR developer version 1.7.13 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.7.12:
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Changed the position of Sirius 4 to S4.8E in sources.conf (thanks to
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Moved the declaration of cMenuCommands to menu.h, so that plugins can use it.
- Added a note to the MANUAL, saying that adding new transponders only works if
"EPG scan" is active (suggested by Halim Sahim).
- Improved handling frames at the beginning and end of a recording in
devices with large buffers (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).
- Implemented cDeviceHook to allow plugins more control over which device can
provide which transponder (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).
- Implemented cDevice::GetCurrentlyTunedTransponder() (thanks to Reinhard
- Moved strictly necessary Makefile options into Make.global, which is included
by all plugins (thanks to Paul Menzel). The Makefiles of existing plugins
modified like this:
--- PLUGINS/src/hello/Makefile 2009/10/18 14:00:07 2.1
+++ PLUGINS/src/hello/Makefile 2010/02/06 14:50:03 2.2
@@ -18,7 +18,7 @@
### The C++ compiler and options:
CXX ?= g++
-CXXFLAGS ?= -fPIC -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses
+CXXFLAGS ?= -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses
### The directory environment:
@@ -26,6 +26,10 @@
LIBDIR = ../../lib
TMPDIR = /tmp
+### Make sure that necessary options are included:
### Allow user defined options to overwrite defaults:
- Added device definitions to the diseqc.conf file format, so that certain
positions can be limited to a given list of devices.
This obsoletes the SOURCECAPS patch.
- Keeping subtitles visible when pausing replay (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed adding new transponders in case there is only a single channel in the
channel list (reported by Halim Sahin).
- The file name in the "Timers" menu now shows only the base name of the
without the folder path (if any). Otherwise with long folder paths the actual
recording name was not visible at all.
- Updated the Romanian OSD texts (thanks to Lucian Muresan).
- Exported some libsi functions (thanks to Lucian Muresan).
- Improved scalability of the default skins.
- Fixed the German translation of "Folder name must not contain '%c'!" (thanks
- Updated the Estonian OSD texts (thanks to Arthur Konovalov).
- Plugins can now define new sources. In order to implement this, the following
changes were made:
+ The transponder parameter string is no longer interpreted by cChannel, but
stored as is and used only by the respective device. That way plugins can
channel's parameter string to store arbitrary data (see vdr.5).
+ The new class cSourceParam can be used by plugins to define new sources,
implement OSD items that will be used in the channel editor for editing the
specific parameters of a channel (see dvbdevice.c for an example of how
done for the default DVB devices).
+ Purely numerical values are no longer accepted in the 'source' parameter of
This obsoletes the PLUGINPARAM patch.
- Updated the Lithuanian OSD texts (thanks to Valdemaras Pipiras).
- cSafeFile::Close() now flushes the file (suggested by Stephan Austermu"hle).
- The option "Setup/DVB/Use Dolby Digital" now only controls whether Dolby
tracks appear in the "Audio" menu. Dolby Digital is always recorded.
This obsoletes the DOLBYINREC patch.
vdr mailing list