On 15/11/2010 19:46, Udo Richter wrote:
Am 14.11.2010 19:17, schrieb Eric Valette:
On 14/11/2010 19:05, Udo Richter wrote:
The patch changes the behavior of VDR to accept picture_coding_type=0
and picture_coding_type=1 as I-Frame. picture_coding_type=0 is clearly
specified as forbidden. Anything I've missed?

No. And *as Klaus* I dunno why this should be needed except if other
parts of the logics for finding an I-frame is not robust enough for
certain streams.

What really annoys me, is rather the duplication of identical bug
reports for various DVB type (DVB-S2, DVB-T), various adapter in various
countries when playing the stream is just fine.

So the next question is whether accepting picture_coding_type=0 as
I-Frame is a proper fix. To be precise: Since VDR depends on knowledge
of I-Frames, does picture_coding_type=0 guarantee that an I-Frame is
starting? Does this hold for ALL TV streams ALL over the world, not just
yours?

As mentioned its not juts mine and that's exactly what worries me: there are too much reports from many countries and many channels. So unless they all use the same buggy mpeg2ts encoder, it's the sign something is wrong and I don't think a non valid value for picture type for things broadcasted all over the world is likely given the number of DVB recorder but maybe I'm wrong.

--eric