On 14/11/2010 19:05, Udo Richter wrote:
Am 14.11.2010 18:21, schrieb Eric Valette:
I think I said clearly that the code looks correct and gave the pointer
to the specs for unconvinced people. Those wanting to read the full specs
<http://neuron2.net/library/mpeg2/iso13818-2.pdf>

Page 72, Table 6-12, picture_coding_type:
000 forbidden
001 intra-coded (I)
010 predictive-coded (P)
011 bidirectionally-predictive-coded (B)
100 shall not be used
     (dc intra-coded (D) in ISO/IEC11172-
     2)
101 reserved
110 reserved
111 reserved

As listed in my first mail indeed.

The patch changes the behavior of VDR to accept picture_coding_type=0
and picture_coding_type=1 as I-Frame. picture_coding_type=0 is clearly
specified as forbidden. Anything I've missed?

No. And *as Klaus* I dunno why this should be needed except if other parts of the logics for finding an I-frame is not robust enough for certain streams.

What really annoys me, is rather the duplication of identical bug reports for various DVB type (DVB-S2, DVB-T), various adapter in various countries when playing the stream is just fine.

For the record for myself in france, I can see gulli channels (a kid channel) but fail to record it and m kids are just complaining when I told them to go to sleep and that I will record it and it failed. Now I have more difficulties to send them to sleep ;-)

-- eric