Am Montag, den 13.12.2010, 00:29 +0100 schrieb Joerg Bornkessel:

> > Am Samstag, den 25.09.2010, 13:15 +0200 schrieb Joerg Bornkessel:
>
> > […]
>

> >> [2] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/asneeded.xml
>
> > Should `LDFLAGS` also be passed to the compiler when building the
> > plugins?
>
> We have this fixed global on Gentoo for all plugins.
> All plugin Makefile's are sed'ed/patched to use the LDFLAGS.

Sorry, I do not know Gentoo’s build system. I found the patch for VDR
[1] and the ebuild file [2].

I was wondering why skincurses had no patch applied or change regarding
`LDFLAGS` [3] and for example vdr-burn [4] has a separate patch. Then I
found `vdr-plugin.eclass` [5] where the replacement is done using `sed`.

> > I made a patch from your message which does not include any changes to
> > the plugins.
>
> I dont know, what distri you use,

I am using the OpenEmbedded framework [6].

> one way would be to fix this in the make.global ( used up from
> vdr-1.7.(not shure yet)) and inherit this in the plugin Makefile.
>
> Should be standard in the vdr-1.7.x adapted plugin Makefiles

That is what my patch is for. I will send an updated patch.

Thanks,

Paul

[1]
http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/media-video/vdr/files/vdr-1.6.0-ldflags.patch?view=markup