On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Timothy D. Lenz <tl...@vorgon.com> wrote:
> I would prefer a ffmpeg (mplayer) based interface and dump xine because
> xine/vdpau combo doesn't properly handle problems with the atsc stream.

I've seen several users express the want for an ffmpeg-based video
output plugin so it seems you're not alone there.  I believe ffmpeg is
more actively developed as well which would explain why it has better
vpdau support.  Xine's vdpau support has come a long way but there are
still a few bugs that need to be addressed.  Guess we'll see which
comes first, an ffmpeg VDR plugin, or xine being fixed.  Not sure I
would hold my breath for either however. ;)