"L. Hanisch" <d...@flensrocker.de> writes:

> Features:
> - attach/detach devices
[...]
> - set device on idle
[...]
> - GetTSPacket timeout
> It is possible to set a 'GetTSPacket' timeout on the devices. If a
> device delivers no data for some time it can be automatically
> detached. This is intended for devices which has known unstable
> drivers. After detaching such a device a script is started so the
> driver can be reloaded and the device can be attached again to the vdr
> (this could happen on its own if the created frontend is signaled by
> udev).
> It avoids restarts of vdr and interrupting recordings on other devices.

Thanks for that !
I'll be trying your patch this week end !
This is probably one of my most wanted vdr feature and it sounds like
you've just implemented it :)

questions :
- have you considered changing the way vdr detects adapter on startup ?
  for instance vdr won't detect /dev/dvb/adapter1 if
  /dev/dvb/adapter0 does not exist. this might happen when using udev
  rules and restarting vdr while a module isn't loaded

- what about being able to use aliases like /dev/dvb/dvb_s2_card_one
  with the -D arg ? (tho it's not really important)

- what about a github tree of vdr with your patch already applied ?