Hi all,

Running vdr-sxfe as a local frontend using a pipe _should_ be as fast
(if not faster) than using XBMC over an http://localhost streamdev
connection. However, I seem to find the opposite to be the case.
vdr-sxfe still struggles with HD content, has pops and clicks in the
audio, crashes out every now again and generally has inferior
playback.

On my main frontend I have VDR running full time in the background
with no local frontend running. Then I have a bare-bones X11
configured with a simple .xinitrc that flips between running vdr-sxfe
and xbmc (as I prefer it for watching DVDs etc.). For both frontends I
am using VDPAU.

I have to use vdr-sxfe to interact with the menus, auto skip adverts
in recordings, do cutting, etc. But I'm increasingly finding myself
using XBMC and just a directory full of .strm files that point at
streamdev TS links, when I want to watch a live HD broadcast.

Does anyone have vdr-sxfe running flawlessly as a local frontend for HD content?

I just wish I could have the full VDR OSD, but within XBMC :)

Cheers,
Dom