On 04.03.2013 10:18, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
On 04.03.2013 10:03, André Weidemann wrote:
Hi Klaus,

On 03.03.2013 14:46, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

- When sorting recordings by name, folders are now always at the top of
the list.

I installed 1.7.39 last night and the new sorting is what bugs me
most. Would it be possible to introduce an option for the sorting
order under settings in the menu? I prefer the sorting the way it was,
because with the new method, a folder and a recording with the same
name are not next to each
other anymore. If you take the burn plugin e.g. I think it is rater
painful if you try to archive those "scattered" recordings.

OK, I'll add a parameter to setup.conf. I've already suggested this here

http://www.vdr-portal.de/board17-developer/board97-vdr-core/p1130488-feature-request-sortierreihenfolge-verzeichnisse-zuerst-im-osd-unter-aufnahmen/#post1130488

However, this won't show up in the Setup menu of version 2.0.0, because
it's too late for
introducing another i18n text (most of the *.po files are already
complete).

Klaus

Hi Klaus,
is it really necessary to make this sorting stuff configurable? Is it not better just to stick to "0" for toggeling though all these different Sort Algorithms (date up/down, lexicalic up/down, lexicalic filemanager style up/down,...). Sometimes, when I search for an recording (a 8TByte Raid could held a lot of recordings) it could also be helpfull to have a list only with all recordings without directories (only with the title base dir of this recording), also again with up down. I think its more important to have a config possibility for the columns to show ( yes I like "extrec"-Plugin also for the renaming facility). And the more people you ask, the more strange sort wishes you will get...

But its only a suggestion, feel free to implement "your" style.

--
-------                   Manfred Schmidt-Voigt                  -------
-----                        www.mannitec.de                       -----