I am currently using xineliboutput, and I'm using it with "--local=none" everywhere so I can attach and detach from anywhere in the LAN, even from the PC VDR is running on. It's working quite nicely this way.

Upside: No local configuration on any PC, no concurrency issues with timers, channel updates etc.. just call "vdr-sxfe <host>" and you're in the game. Downside: Multiple connected clients at the same time get the same programme, OSD, etc. [skippy/hanging video for adapting to the different client speeds, OSD sizing issues for different client resolutions]

Is there an equivalent solution which I read to be a more recent/better supported alternative? AFAIK softhddevice is similar to xineliboutput but lacks remote features, behaves like xineliboutput with "--local=sxfe --noremote", but I could be wrong. This doesn't look like a viable alternative to my current network architecture.

While streamdev and VNSI/XVDR solve some of the issues, most notably the multi-client dependency, they create new ones. No native OSD with VNSI/XVDR, VDR configuration synchronization hassle with streamdev.

Is there any other thin-client streaming solution with native VDR OSD available?

Any other suggestions?

- Matthias