Hi,

I'm in the same situation, and most of my friends, using vdr the same way, too.

The only software, I currently know which works similar, is VOMP client/server.
It is also independant and could be run standalone on Linux and Windows.
But it is IMHO only a "worst-case-replacement" for sxfe.

I also don't want to have a complete vdr environment running, for only watching
TV
on my laptops or any other remote station.

Thanks, Günter

---