Hey,

If I understand it correctly start_needed_srv and load-needed-modules is needed
only by RedHat family dists, so you can keep it in vdsmd start function.
All the others (systemd, upstat and openrc) have dependencies mechanism that we
can use (as *.service Requires field)

Supervdsm service implementation almost complete, and hopefully will merged
soon. It doesn't need to bother us, as it just requires another dependency
between it and vdsmd as you mentioned..

If we've already started to work on the splitting part, we can call the scripts
we need by vdsm-tool right now. later we can translate the code to python .
I think it might be better and more seemlier to what we expect it to be when
we'll finish.
Each service control will use the needed vdsm-tool command to initialize vdsm
deamon, instead of running all the scripts