----- Original Message -----
> From: "Dan Kenigsberg" <dan...@redhat.com>

Well, for installation time, there must be something (not necessarily part of
vdsm proper that is able to get the ip configuration of the device we connect
through.

Since it could be ifcfg info (el6), NM (newer distros), /etc/network/interfaces
(debian derived) I would really make a separate solution to vdsm.