> We are facing problem of root partitions getiing full above
> 90 %.
> Now when we want to do new patch addition or java or any
> other pkg addition we run short of space.
> All servers are upgraded with veritas 4.0 and solaris 9.
>
> Had it been case without veritas a simple ufsdump |
> ufsrestore to new high capacity disk and the install boot
> would have done our job which we have checked on other m/c
> without veritas m/c

I'd probably still do that.  With VxVM 4.0, you don't need to have a
rootdg.  So you could ufsdump/ufsrestore to another disk, change the
/etc/system and /etc/vfstab so that you boot from the disk but off the
raw slices, not a rootvolume.

Then assuming that is successful, clean up the old rootdg.  When
complete, you can re-encapsulate and mirror if you want.

> I tried unencapsulation then rebooting in solaris then
> ufsdump and restore on new disk.
> Then install boot and then reboot it did not work.

How did it not work?  Errors? Messages?

Did you modify /etc/system and /etc/vfstab so that you were not booting
from the old rootvol?

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]