All,

I just noticed a weird problem with the VCS. I have placed few of my Solaris
Non global zones as a part of cluster service group. The issue is when i
shutdown a zone manually ( zlogin shutdown <zone-name> init 0 ) , the state
of the zone is changed to " INSTALED " . When i try to reboot the zone, it
fails complaining that the zones should be installed before booting, which
is confusing.

Below is the error message.

*root# zoneadm -z zonename boot*

*zoneadm: zone 'zonename': must be installed before boot.*

The zoneadm list -cv shows the zone as INSTALLED.

I tried to verify the zone config and it failes with the below error.

*root# zoneadm -z zonename verify Cannot verify detached zone.*

*Use attach or remove /zones/zonename/zonename-source.11436*

*directory.*
*could not verify zonepath /zones/zonename/zonename-source.11436*
***because of the above errors.*
zoneadm: zone zonename failed to verify on < Global zone name >

Can anyone please help.

--
With Regards:-
Alok Tiwari