John,

I am manually shutting down the zone. We run on VCS 5.0 MP3 RP1. Let me see
if I will surely try to follow the steps as suggested by you and Tony and
will let you know what I see.

But what i am thinking is, if I manually set shutdown the zone and the zone
resource beingno critical, VCS should not detach it. VCS should only detach
it only when I ask the service group containing the zone resource to
failover.
Thanks to you all, who spared your precious time to help me out.

I will surely get back to you as soon as I execute the suggestions in my
next downtime window.

Thanks
Alok

With Regards:-