VCS detaches a zone when it goes OFFLINE (e.g. when either the offline or
clean entry points for the Zone agent run); at least it does this for zones
that fail over from one node to another in certain versions, I am not sure
which version of VCS you are using, or whether there is code to avoid the
detach if you are running the zones in parallel.  The detach is done to
allow the zone to fail over to another node if necessary, and then attach
cleanly on the new node.

However, since your zone shows up in the installed state rather than the
configured state should indicate the zone is not detached.  On the other
hand, the error messages you mentioned do seem to indicate the zone is
detached.  That is a bit confusing; have you tried manually attaching the
zones before booting or verifying?  You might have to freeze the resources
first, as VCS might try to run clean when they start to go partially online
outside of VCS control.

Sorry I am not more precise, but I just don't have any Solaris systems to
test test on right now, and I don't feel like booting up two nodes under
VMware on my 2GB laptop, as that is just horribly slow.

--
John Cronin