From: veritas-vx-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-vx-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of alok
tiwari
Sent: 27 April 2010 14:55
To: Veritas-vx@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Cc: alok.20...@gmail.com
Subject: [Veritas-vx] Weird problem in VCS

All,

I just noticed a weird problem with the VCS. I have placed few of my
Solaris Non global zones as a part of cluster service group. The issue
is when i shutdown a zone manually ( zlogin shutdown <zone-name> init 0
) , the state of the zone is changed to " INSTALED " . When i try to
reboot the zone, it fails complaining that the zones should be installed
before booting, which is confusing.

Below is the error message.

root# zoneadm -z zonename boot

zoneadm: zone 'zonename': must be installed before boot.

The zoneadm list -cv shows the zone as INSTALLED.

I tried to verify the zone config and it failes with the below error.

root# zoneadm -z zonename verify Cannot verify detached zone.

Use attach or remove /zones/zonename/zonename-source.11436

directory.

could not verify zonepath /zones/zonename/zonename-source.11436

because of the above errors.

zoneadm: zone zonename failed to verify on < Global zone name >

Can anyone please help.

--
With Regards:-
Alok Tiwari