Totally agree that checkboxes in a commit dialog makes much more sense
with large, deeply nested projects than manually selecting everything
you want to commit. I had to deal with this for several months on a
large project and believe me, it would be much faster to have
checkboxes presented. As long as they're all checked by default, this
doesn't change your normal workflow, so what's the big deal?

Tested Cornerstone a bit recently... interface is definitely more
clunky than Versions. Overall I think Versions still has the edge,
despite its quirks, but man, if the browser columns would stay put and
the commits/updates were non-modal, there'd be no contest. :)

-Gabriel