From: George <k...@msn.com>
Subject: [VFB] Re: Active Nymphing was QUOTE FOR THE DAY
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Monday, February 16, 2009, 10:55 AM

Absolutely Tom, I couldn't agree more with your observations. When I
started nymphing without a strike indicator, my catch rate increased. I have
used the same technique and have also caught fish at all stages of the
presentation.

The fly is only part of the technique, the rest is presentation,
presentation, presentation.

Keeping the fly in the water is very important, even fishing out a bad
cast can produce a catch. I can usually spot a novice by watching the number of
false casts. The fly in the water is what catches the fish, the fly in the air
doesn't.

George Vincent