Agreed, I will have to think of something.
Tony

--- On Wed, 4/1/09, DonO <f...@tribcsp.com> wrote:

From: DonO <f...@tribcsp.com>
Subject: [VFB] Re: Anybody here???
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, April 1, 2009, 8:15 PM

Rene,
Don't even think about leaving!  Get it out of your mind!  I'll send Buggs
over there to 'convince' you to stay.  Six lashes with a wet bucktail for
you mentioning that.

Let's come up with some ideas for good threads.  We always used to do that
to kick up the old VFB when it got slow.

Speaking of 'threads', I'm doing a lot of my tying now with clear nylon and
mono threads, and some of the colored monofilaments.  I'm about out, so I
looked and I can buy a 1000 yd spool of 2lb. test leader material at Cabelas
fairly cheap and have tying thread for a whole season.  I use a drill to
load it on an extra large spool and put that in an extra-large bobbin.
After I'm done tying, I dose the head and ribbed segments (like on scuds)
with cement and the thread goes clear and the under-colors show through.
This is essential for my saltwater streamers so that there is no
'thread-head' showing.