from mark

May your GOD be your fishing partner.

 Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 07:32:57 -0600

Hi Ya Joe......this is crazy googanheimer.........lmao.  8:16 a.m. and i
haven't been to bed yet.........did three flies last night and didn't even get
started til 3:00 a.m. Just put out the garbage for pick up today.........just a
bit tired.
We first fished the Battenkill in '93.......we were up in Vermont attending the
Orivs school in Manchester. We went back and fished it again several times
after that. The whole stretch where it leaves Vermont, turning west in that
little town where the Norman Rockwell Museum is and running into New York, past
Shushen on the way, is a great stretch of water. I had a great day behind the
Shushen post office in that riffle one time.....bout 20 Bows. I have a framed
fly tyed by Dick Talleur.....the Shushen Postmaster, named after the postmaster
of that very same post office in Shushen. Dick did 200 of them for TGF one
year, and a bunch of us (TGF members) got together and framed all 200 in one
eve. at Jane Timken's house in Manhattan. They were given to any member who
would re-up his dues for a three year period at one time............of course
we fell right into that trap, lmao. Obviously those frames weren't to
elaborate, lol. i later transfered mine to a more appropriate frame. The
Battenkill isn't what it once was.....but still worth a pilgra"midge." And
everybody should go to the American Museum of Fly Fishing at least once. We've
been there 3 times and i still wanna go back one more time some
day.........well. It's 8:30 and i still gotta go downstairs one more time.
Another coat of Sally's............lol. mark.....