build a thread bump that is a snug fit on the bead, a few wrap of thread in the
front as a stop. and then use super glue to affix Try using glass beads

BobH

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Alexander" <chuckalexan...@hughes.net>
To: "Virtual Fly Box" <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>, "fly fishing for panfish"
<flyfishingandflytyingforpanf...@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2010 11:43:24 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [VFB] Tiny Fly Question

OK all you tiny fly tying experts LOL.. I am stumped with a problem.. I took
the advice of tying a bigger fly, then working my way down in hook sizes till I
get to where I want. Problem is, I'm tying (or TRYING) my Pink Panfish
Producer, and I'm down to a size 20. Problem is, the gold bead for the head.
The ones I have are either too small to go around the sharp bend in the hook,
or they are too big, and they either fall right off the eye end of the fly, or
get stuck, with the eye buried halfway inside the bead. I have tried the beads
front wards, backwards and sideways. Is there a secret to this??? Should I just
make the "gold=bead head" out of gold tying thread, or tiny tinsel?? Or do you
just not tie flies this small with a bead head on them?? Thanks for ANY help,
Chuck

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VFB Mail"
group. To post to this group, send email to vfb-mail@googlegroups.com To
unsubscribe from this group, send email to
vfb-mail-unsubscr...@googlegroups.com For more options, visit this group at
End Inc at http://www.linesend.com